The majority of the Paradigm Shift team is from Oklahoma, so we like a good cowboy activity from time-to-time. This activity gives your participants options on how they want to proceed as a cowboy.
Number of Participants: 5-15
Time: 5-10 minutes
Activity Level: Moderate
Description: This activity is a last participant stand thinking at the same time (what a great combo).
Circle your group up! All participants can choose to do 1 of 3 things each round:
- Load: Take your hand raise them in the air, thus loading your gun.
- Shoot: Point your hand imitate your best pistol noises.
- Defend: Place your hands across your chest (mummy-style) to defend from a pistol shot.
Play this activity in rounds until you have a lone ranger in the group. Following the rules below, the facilitator will count to three and therefore if someone says you are shot, by golly, you are shot.
- A participant cannot shoot unless they have loaded their gun.
- If a participant shoots, they must reload before they can shoot again.
- If you are defending yourself, you will not be eliminated from the activity.
- If you are shot, you are eliminated from the game.
Let us know if we can help you implement this into your program’s curriculum.
Founder, Paradigm Shift
If you would like to receive information regularly that will include new and materials, please subscribe to this blog by clicking here.
You can follow us on Facebook by clicking here or on Twitter by clicking here.